Our suite of Project Management workshops and support services will help you get the most out of your project management performance development efforts. As with all of our offerings, these can be customized to meet your exact needs.
Our workshops cover principles, tools, and techniques to help your project teams become more effective. To meet these goals, we work with you and your teams to develop a unique, custom training strategy. Then we provide a custom-tailored, on-site PM workshop that incorporates your local PM vision and values. We use your local project scenarios and “real world” projects to allow your teams to move all the project plans and strategies and incorporate them into their projects.
Our workshops are designed to facilitate the analysis, discovery, and adoption of solutions to your specific project management problems. Our workshops are two to three day long sessions. One of our top consultants facilitates the delivery of ideas and solutions that your own team will develop. This approach has been successful in the adoption of the changes that your team needs to incorporate in their own practices.
- Project Management Kick Start
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Project Team Development
- Project Performance Monitoring
Project Management Kick Start
This workshop is designed to help you start your project start with the right plans and structure to ensure its success. We begin with a review of your current best practices and identify the critical plans needed to implement the project. We help you define the roles and responsibilities of your team, develop project schedules that can help monitor progress, and identify the best tools that can make your work more efficient.
This two-day workshop brings together a multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts who will work to identify the necessary processes, skills, and tools for your project’s success. PM4DEV provides its expertise and extensive knowledge of project management processes and life cycle phases to guide and advise you in the development of project plans and structures that will improve the performance of your projects.
Our workshop approach is to guide the development of the methodology and let the team make the critical decisions. This approach ensures there will be ownership of the final results, a strategy that will make the implementation and adoption of the methodology a success.
Workshop results and deliverables:
- A project management methodology will serve as a guideline on the use of the processes and policies.
- Templates and forms will standardize the collection and reporting of project management information.
At the end of the workshops, the team will be empowered with techniques to continuously improve the methodology as the organization makes advances in its project management practices.
Project Planning and Scheduling
If you have a critical project that needs to succeed, but you find yourself lacking the experience to properly complete the project, you're not alone. In fact, government studies find that only 10% of projects ever finish on time. That is why PM4DEV offers management services.
We work with your project staff to implement the tools and methods needed to attain timely project completion. We can even help set up a project management methodology if your project currently does not support one. Our intensive planning and implementation sessions can be customized to meet your project needs so you see firsthand how tools and methods are applied on the project.
We help condense completion times, align the project team, create an efficient work plan and identify deliverables all in a time frame and at a pace that works for you. Follow up visits and remote coaching sessions help identify how well the tools and methods are being implemented and what further actions are needed. Our management services include:
- New Projects: We help develop the plan and structural organization of a new project that requires a new approach including the development of project plans, schedules, risk assessments, communication plans, and stakeholder analysis. We help you develop the skills of the project team and train the team in the use of the new tools to improve their chances for success. Services include the development of a project information management system customized to the unique needs of the project.
Current Projects: Current projects facing difficulties need a review of their management practices and changes in their processes. We review the current practices and identify knowledge gaps to develop a plan to build skills, define roles and responsibilities, develop strategies to bring the project back on track, and implement new processes to help streamline the project work.
Project Team Development
Development organizations are constantly challenged to perform at high levels in the face of escalating competition and rapidly changing conditions. The teams within these organizations must adapt and excel in this pressurized atmosphere.
We offer our workshop on team development utilizing a variety of proven activities and methodologies. This advanced teambuilding workshop is designed to give project teams the structure, skills, and dynamics to become a high performance team.
To build the project team skills, the workshop puts emphasis on team building exercises and techniques for team conflict management including:
- Understanding the steps to build effective team development.
- Knowing a variety of system's designs to accomplish effective team development, resulting in a high performance team.
- Increasing skills in helping teams become more effective and satisfied.
- Working with a wide range of teams to improve their effectiveness and satisfaction, including executive teams, project teams, and department teams.
- Successfully resolving normal conflict issues within teams.
- Having the skills to assist team members in enhancing their interpersonal and team skills, understanding, and performance.
PM4DEV provides a full range of project management and leadership training that is conducted on the client's site. Our approach to project management training is different than that of other project management service organizations. We focus on rapidly maturing the project management and leadership skills of our students.
We provide successful and proven project management techniques, not just project management theory. Our workshops consist of a balanced amount of lecture, discussion, and simulation workshops. We take a coaching and mentoring approach with our students. After the completion of the workshop, participants are welcome to contact us with their questions or contact us on our website through our free intranet site.
- We conduct a needs assessment before planning a workshop so that the participants have time to respond and have had time to prepare the materials. Depending on their needs, you may want to add or drop sessions or decide to allocate time differently than what is presented here.
- Participants will be spending most of their time active and involved, practicing skills that will help them become better project managers and project team members. All participants complete a comprehensive quiz on the basics and are then exposed to active learning sessions with relevant hands-on exercises.
- Each workshop is part of a comprehensive system, including job aids and follow-up coaching that ensures your new project managers will practice and be able to use their new PM skills on the job.
- Participants are presented by instructors with 10+ years of experience in project management and training. Every participant in our custom on-site workshops will receive a complimentary copy of our book, Fundamentals of Project Management, 2nd edition (disk included). This book contains the tools, worksheets, and guidelines to help manage projects easier and more effectively! Participants practice the application of many of these tools and can use the book as a powerful reference after the workshops.
PM4DEV can deliver flexible solutions tailored to the unique needs of your organization. Our consulting services will enable you to quickly take advantage of the many benefits of our project management methodology. By teaming with us, you will diminish implementation risk, ensure user adoption, and maximize your overall investment in PM4DEV solutions.
PM4DEV consultants understand how you do your work, we're uniquely positioned to help you achieve measurable success by utilizing a unified approach that combines:
- Reliability. PM4DEV works closely with you to ensure a successful project outcome. Our job isn't finished until we've achieved your goals.
- Expertise. No one understands PM4DEV products like the people who build them. PM4DEV consultants have the necessary knowledge and resources to guarantee your project success.
- Methodology. Our proven processes and methodology were developed during successful engagements allowing PM4DEV professionals to work with maximum speed to efficiency.