eCourse - Adaptive Project Management
In this comprehensive course, you will learn how to initiate, plan, implement, adapt and close a project that meets the needs of the beneficiaries and expectations of key stakeholders. The online course will introduce the elements of the adaptive project management cycle. You will learn the methods for the efficient management of a project using a phased approach and the concepts and practices necessary for project management success.
In this course, an experienced Project Management Professional (PMP) will teach you the same techniques that experienced project management professionals rely on every day. You will learn how to apply the flexible adaptive management approach and learn to utilize the concepts of Monitoring, Adapting, and Continuous Improvement throughout the life of the project. This course promotes and facilitates a collaborative learning approach in an online environment. Students participate in discussions as part of the assignments and receive feedback from the course instructor. Students "learn by doing" through the class exercises while lecture points are reinforced with class discussions and videos.
The course is asynchronous; the instructor provides materials, lectures, tests, and assignments that can be accessed at any time. Students are given a time frame during which they need to complete the assigned activities, participate in discussion forums, and submit their exercises in order to receive a grade.
The course has a duration of three weeks. Each week students will work on the activities and exercises required to meet the learning objectives. Participants require an average of one hour per day to complete the assigned activities. This course is specifically designed to focus on the practical application of agile/adaptive project management concepts. Key topics of focus include an overview of modern project management, the cyclical aproach, developing a project plan and managing resources, monitoring progress, communicating to stakeholders, conducting effective meetings, updating project plans and managing project issues.
This is the perfect course for those new to the role of project manager and also for team members who want to develop their knowledge of project management terminology and procedures. Course participants include: team members, program managers, project supervisors and project managers wishing to increase their skills and knowledge to understand the tools and techniques to manage a project. Participants to our courses come from various parts of the world, and they bring a wealth of experience and knowledge that is shared in the course forums.
Upon successful completion of the Adaptive Project Management, online course participants will: Understand the concepts of project life cycle phases and project management techniques to manage each phase. Describe the project cycle and the management methods required to plan, implement, monitor and close a project successfully. Identify the key activities that must be managed to ensure project success. Understand all the steps involved in managing a new project, from beginning to end.
There are no requirements to take this course, although the students will benefit if they know the type of work that occurs in development organizations and development projects, or had some experience working on a project. Students should have a good internet connection, Adobe Reader in their computers as well as MS Office to work on the course assignments. Good connectivity is required to watch some of the online videos. As a convenience to our remote students, you can download most of the course material to read offline.
The course fee is due before the start of the course; you can receive a 20% discount if payment is made one week before the course starts. On the registration page, you can choose your preferred payment methods. We accept all major credit cards in a secure online payment system. We also accept payments via Western Unions or Money Gram. If you have any questions or require more instructions to send your payment please contact us at info@pm4dev Reference: eCourse APM. We offer additional discounts for groups from development organizations.
Registration for this course is now open. To apply please click here and complete the application form. We will close the registration one day before the start of the course. On the registration form, you will find the different payment options. If you have any questions contact us at info@pm4dev Ref. eCourse APM.
Lesson 1 - Initiating Phase
The Project Charter
Analysis of Project Proposal
Getting Project Support
Project Office Setup
Project Kick off
Lesson 4 - Monitoring Phase
Monitor Project Performance
Monitoring Risks and Assumptions
Monitoring Team Performance
Lesson 2 - Planning Phase
Development of Core Management Plans
Development of Support Management Plans
Development of M&E Plans
Integration of Plans
Approval of Plans
Lesson 5 - Adapting Phase
Develop a Proposal for Changes
Adapt Management Plans
Lesson 3 - Implementation Phase
Work Assignment Matrix
Communicating with stakeholders
Lesson 6 - Closing Phase
Final Project Reports
Capturing Lessons Learned
- Registration. See the Course Schedule to select a date
- Fees. The course fee is USD$150 and is due before the start of the course, you can receive a 20% discount if payment is made one week before the start of the course. Use the promo code 20APM.
- Group discounts: For groups or organizations that want to register for 3 or more students we offer a 30% discount. Use the promo code 30APM
- Access to the online course begins one week before the start of the course.
- Course limit: The course is limited to 20 students per class.
- Course duration: The course is three weeks long and requires between 30-40 hours to complete it.
- Materials. Course materials are available for download from the online course module page to allow for printing and review.
- Evaluation: It is required that participants complete the course evaluation after they take the final exam.
- Course credit. This course provides 35 PDUs (Professional Development Units)* or 35 contact hours.
Reserve your seat in the course. Use the form below to start your registration.
* In 2013, PM4DEV became a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.), approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®to issue professional development units (PDU's) for its project management training courses. Our instructors are experienced trainers and project managers who are PMP® certified. Our comprehensive courses in project management theory, fundamentals, principles, and practices are designed around industry best practices and based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide). We are confident in our ability to provide comprehensive, practical courses that will enable you to further your project management education