Our project planning services are designed to ensure that your development project is completed on time and on budget, but more importantly, in a manner that meets your organizational objectives.
Plan to succeed. With some thoughtful planning, you can ensure your project’s success before it begins. From establishing scope and viability, to budget, schedule and team requirements, to process implementation and ongoing evaluation. PM4DEV can help tailor a plan for your specific project needs. This includes gauging risk and developing mitigation strategies that will help you save time and money. From concept to closeout, we will help you develop a plan you can build on.
Our consultants are equipped to supplement your team's expertise and insight to ensure your project's success. Please contact us for additional information on our construction planning services or consultants.
PM4DEV’s team of experts can assist you with the conceptual planning and development of your project management systems including financial, contracts, and schedules. PM4DEV’s project planning services include:
- Review of donor contract and assessment of planning needs
- Review of initial assumptions and logframe structure to identify potential risks
- Development of detailed scope, schedule, budget and quality management plan
- Development of detailed team, stakeholder, risk and contract management plans
- Identification of gaps in management skills, and development of a training plan
Through a workshop approach, your project team will develop all plans with the guidance from our consultants. We will help you and your team make use of your technical knowledge and guide you through the process of preparing a realistic, workable plan. This approach improves the ownership of the plans and ensures plans are properly implemented.
Our team will review your contracts and identify the level of detail needed for each management plan. We focus on identifying if the initial assumptions have changed since the proposal was submitted. We assess your teams to identify gaps in management skills and develop a customized development plan. Our assessment allows us to develop plans that reflect the current and future challenges of the project.
Core Management Plans
These plans are designed to manage the four critical project constraints of scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Scope management plan, designed to identify all the tasks and activities required for the project and plans to manage scope creep or changes to the scope
Schedule management plan, that details all activities and their duration estimates along with the resources and dependencies. Including a detailed GANTT chart project schedule itemizing the major tasks involved in the project and their interrelationships
Budget Management, a review of all project cost estimates and development of budget monitoring tools that include the Earned Value Management method
- Quality Management, the definition and establishment of quality for all project deliverables to ensure they will generate the expected results
Supporting Management Plans
Team management plan, the plan to ensure the project team is performing according to expectations and that roles and responsibilities are understood
Stakeholder Management plan, an assessment of all the project stakeholders and identification of their interest and level of influence to determine the right strategies
Information management plan, a plan that helps manage all the project information and ensure that it reaches the right people at the right time
Risk management plan, with contingency plans to help reduce the impact of a risk event in the project
Contract management plan, a detailed analysis of the donor contact and identification of critical clauses, compliance and obligations the project needs to meet
Integration Management Plan
At the end of the engagement, the project team will have a complete and integrated project plan that will ensure the project is a success. Additionally, the project team will receive instructions to help manage each plan and adapt it as assumptions change or opportunities occur that require modifications to the plan to ensure the project meets its final goal.
Click here to download a copy of our planning services
- Reliability . PM4DEV works closely with you to ensure a successful project outcome. Our job isn't finished until we've achieved your goals.
- Expertise . No one understands PM4DEV products like the people who build them. PM4DEV consultants have the necessary knowledge and resources to guarantee your project success.
- Methodology . Our proven processes and methodology were developed during successful engagements allowing PM4DEV professionals to work with maximum speed to efficiency.